Saturday, October 3, 2015

October TRB!

IT'S OCTOBER!!!

October happens to be my absolute favourite month, for a variety of reasons. Long sleeves, hot drinks, a birthday or two, colourful shades of trees, stylish jackets and boots, plus an abundance of orange, red, and gold which make a breathtaking scenery! But this year, October happens to be extremely special. Why, you ask? Because of all the fantasy books that are coming out, and all the books I intend to read because of it! Allow me to do a breakdown for you all:



The Re-reads


I'm doing three rereads this month. Yes, three!


First up: Percy Jackson, in preparation for Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard coming out on October 8th!


Caroline, from Just Another Bookish Blog, and I are starting our Percy Jackson Re-read tomorrow, so don't forget to check back for some fun stuff!

Next up: The Iron Fey series, followed by The Call of the Forgotten!

This book started it all for me. I was sad to see it end, but then Kagawa wrote a sequel series to break my heart, The Call of the Forgotten...

Cody from Literary-ly Obsessed and I have talked and talked and talked about this series, and now that the last book is coming out (October 27th!!!), we must re-read it in order to experience all the feels again!


And last but not least: The Lunar Chronicles!

Once again, Cody will be joining me for this as we prepare for Winter to come out November 10th! I've been dying to find out what happens to everyone, and never have I had so many ships in a series!


You guys are all more than welcome to join me on any one of the three! It's going to be a lot of fun as we prep ourselves for these new releases :D And speaking of new releases...


The New Releases


I don't even know where to start with this. Like I mentioned before, October is simply a fantasy month for me, meaning it's practically heaven since I adore fantasy books ;)


First up: Ice Like Fire, from the Snow Like Ashes series!


Next up: The heavily anticipated sequel to The Young Elites, The Rose Society!

And finally, the conclusion to The Elemental Trilogy, which is one of the most breathtaking fantasy series I've read: The Immortal Heights!

So yes, I am going to be quite the happy reader this month. Like I said, October is all about the fantasy, and I honestly could not be not excited!

 
What are you guys reading this October? Are you excited for all these fantasy releases? Let me know!

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait for all these book to come out! Especially the Rose Society and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't wait, I'm just so excited, there are so many good books coming out!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh your TBR is absolutely amazingly packed! So jelly!
    I have the PJO series, Illuminae, The Rest of Us Just Live Here, Library of Souls, and Return Once More :)
    Also, I canNOT wait for the new releases!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you have just as packed of a TBR list as I do! Good luck to both of us on finishing them ;)

      Delete
  3. Well if this isn't the best TBR list then I don't know what is ;)
    Add me to The Rose Society!!!!!!! I am dreading reading it after the devastating of TYE,
    nothing can prepare me for it :(
    I really must check out Snow like Ashes soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did NOT see the ending to TYE coming. At all! I had to re-read the pages a few times to make sure what happened actually DID just happen, and even then, I was devastated! I'm really looking forward to finding The Rose Society :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, you read books fast! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Well, we're already halfway through the month, and I'm slightly struggling to keep it up, ehehe....but regardless, I will continue to persist!

      Delete