Friday, October 30, 2015

October Book Haul!

Allow me to be giddy as I show you my newest babies. Birthdays are great, you know? :D

MY PRECIOUSSS.


Magnus Chase and The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan: Norse mythology, set in modern-day Boston. Plus, it's Rick Riordan. Need I say more? (You can read my review here)


Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: this is the most heartwarming book I've ever read. Seriously. It's definitely going on my list of best books I've ever read! Read it, guys, you won't regret it! (You can read my review here)


The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa: MY FEELS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE RIGHT NOW. Because it's the LAST book in the Iron Fey series, like ever. I can't bare it. I can't. If this blog doesn't have any activity for a while, it's going to be because I'm in a huge book hangover over this book.


The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas: this is a truly epic fantasy series! I can't wait to read this last book. After that epic war declaration in the last book, I'm super excited to see what happens! Mages, blade wands, London, dragons, blood spells, you name it, this series has it!


I also got Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephanie Meyer, but I don't physically have it with me at the moment, and thus didn't make it into the picture. (Review and discussion here)


And that's it! What books did you guys get this month? Have you guys read any of these before? (I recommend them all!)

23 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Erika! Lovely gifts. I look forward to your review of The Immortal Heights--epic fantasy is one of my favorite genres. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lonna! ^.^ I'm looking forward to reading The Immortal Heights just as much as I'm looking forward to writing my review on it!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! :) All your books sound really interesting! I can't wait to read Magnus Chase and The Sword of Summer... I hope it's as good as PJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cloe! Magnus Chase is quite good, I'm sure you won't be disappointed :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday!
    Looks like a great bunch of books to me. So far I've only read Simon out of this set, but I loved it so ridiculously much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, another Simon vs. Homo Sapiens fan! Wasn't it simply the best book in the world? Just thinking about it makes me smile!

      Delete
    2. Agree, 100%! It was just the best feel-good experience.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! I haven't read any of those books yet, but Magnus Chase is on my immediate TBR :D happy reading

    Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/review-pledged-gateway-3-by-louise-g.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Those books sound fantastic, and I hope you enjoy them all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy late birthday!! :D
    *grabs the books* wow great bday haul!
    This month, I go Magnus Chase, Illuminae, The Rest of us Just Live Here, and a few others that are still in the mail... (Clockwork prince and princess, Destined, and another one that i forgot the name of right now XD )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caroline! Ohhh, you must tell me how The Rest of Us Just Live here is! And I can't wait for you to read Clockwork Prince and Princess :D

      Delete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday Erika! :D
    Again I must say I am so jelly over all those beautiful books you've got! -tries to reach through the screen to get books but fails :[- & ohhh you should so try the Chronicles of Nick! I started and finished the first book of the series and its amazing!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy!
      I've read the first book of the Chronicles of Nick, but I have yet to pick up the second book! I believe there's quite a few out now, so it seems I have quite the catching up to do...

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday babe! Hope you had a wonderful day :) Seeing Simon and the Homo Sapiens Agenda is already making me smile again and I hope to read the Iron Fey series soon, it's on my TBR list! Great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sinead! Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda was pure magic, it was such a good book! I just think about it, and I simply can't help but smile!

      Delete
  9. Happy belated birthday! I've never read anything by by Rick Riordan but I really need to get my hands on Manus Chase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely need to read his works, they're really good and filled with humour! :D

      Delete
  10. Let me summarize it, so oblivious to the real world me goes onto ya blog and sees all these Percy Jackson posts and feels so sad and left out because silly me has not read Percy Jackson yet. But then all sad me sees the book haul post and starts screaming "oh oh what did she get?" and then all excited me clicks on the post, reads it and all comes out is "damn!". I am so so jealous, these books are amazing! ;)

    HannahCassie @ http://psilovethatbook.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the Percy Jackson reread will only last until this Sunday, and after that, it'll go back to my normal reviews. ^.^

      Delete