Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Obsidian Movie!

So, if you do not know yet, I am a HUGE fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout. Like HUGE. And don't get me started on all her male leads. Do the names Aiden, Daemon, Roth, Zayne, Seth, Cam, Jase, Jax, Reece, Nick, Kyler, or Tanner make anyone swoon? (Covenant series, Lux Series, The Dark Elements trilogy, Titan series, Wait For You Series, Frigid series)


Yes? Yes? Well, I'm here to announce that news of a movie adaptation of Obsidian has just been released! That's this fine looking book here:

Now, if you're like me, there are 2 categories you instantly think of: a) THAT'S AWESOME b) oh dear...movie adaptations are, well, generally not that good. They don't have a good track record...


I completely agree with both points. On one hand, I'm thrilled, because I absolutely loved this series, but on the other hand, I'm skeptical. I can easily name over ten movie adaptations that have flopped. Plus, I'm a huge Daemon Black fan (I mean, just look at the cover model!), so I'm not sure how I'm gong to react to the casting...hmmmm....


But either way, I'm going to be thrilled for the author! Her enthusiasm is contagious, so it's hard not to be happy for her!


You can read the full announcement here.


What do you guys think? Will this be the new "it" movie like Hunger Games, or will it be a bust, like so many others before? Let me know!

14 comments:

  1. I'm happy for Armentrout even though I haven't finished this series but I'm intrigued to see how it turns out because like you mentioned they tend to mess up on these things, for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm really happy for Armentrout and I really hope it's a good movie. But I'm not putting all my cards on the table, though....

      Delete
  2. I have a bad feeling about this, there are so many YA coming out at the moment that this might end up another blah like what happened to Vampire Academy...but I will keep my eye on it and really hope I am wrong!

    HannahCassie @ http://psilovethatbook.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! I keep hearing about new YA books being adapted, and I end up with a mix of excitement while cringing... It's hard to say what will happen!

      Delete
  3. It's no secret that like you, I'm a huge JLA fan, but I do have to be a little sceptical about this too. I think part of the reason the Hunger Games was so successful was because it's a dystopian, action-filled book. But Obsidian, while I love it, is really just romance. It's mainly development of characters, with a few *small* action scenes thrown in. Half the time they're in school or going swimming! While I'm so proud of Jen for getting the green light, I honestly can't see this being as popular as Hunger Games. Even the City of Glass movie, which is really action-packed and fantasy-related, didn't do well.

    I'm still going to see this movie and who knows! I may be proven wrong. It all depends on who adapts it and who the main actors are. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exact! I'm not too sure how they're going to do this movie. I'm not too certain on how the plot will do in terms of being a movie, since there isn't much action until the very end. But I'll still see it, and like you said, who know what can happen!

      Delete
  4. I'm ecstatic for Jennifer Armentrout and while that was my response when it was first rumored years ago, now I'm not so sure... Maybe I'm just being overly skeptical (and can't picture anyone but the cover model as Daemon) but there are so many ways it could go wrong/disappoint. I'm reserving judgement until we get more news though :)

    Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/review-warriors-reverians-3-by-sarah.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the same boat as you, I can't picture anyone as Daemon except for the cover model, so it's going to a bit hard for me when they do casting! There are so many ways for this all to crash and burn, but I'm hoping most of it won't...

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited! When I found out I squealed like the fangirl I am. I'm also so nervous... what if they mess it up? What if they ruin it?! I need to calm down now... yeah.

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I'm so excited, but at the same time, I feel apprehensive... It's hard to tell whether or not it will be good, but fingers crossed that it will blow everyone away!

      Delete
  6. I’ve still never read this, I don’t even know what it’s about! I guess I’ll have to read it or see the movie! ^-^
    I’m curious to see how it ends up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, you should read the series! I'm going to almost guarantee that the book will be 100% better than the movie for this, mainly because there's so much inner stuff that goes on in the books that make it so great!

      Delete
  7. I still haven't picked up a book by her. eek!! can you recommend which one to read first??

    Hey hey!! Just wanted to let you know that I’ve switched the name of my blog from Things Lucy Reads to The Reading Emporium!! I would love if you could re-follow on bloglovin. Here is the link: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/reading-emporium-14513933
    Thank you so much <3
    -Lucy
    http://thereadingemporium.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely read Obsidian first, that series is fantastic!
      And I'm checking out the blogloving link right now :)

      Delete