Tuesday, October 6, 2015

New Twilight Book (!!!) Thoughts


Brace yourselves, Twi-hard fans: there's another Twilight book, but it is not what you expect it to be. Far from it.


As part of the 10th anniversary to Twilight's release, the author has written another Twilight book...but there's a slight twist. This version is a retelling of Twilight expect all the genders have been switched. Yes, that's right! Bella Swann is now Beau (short for Beaufort) Swann, and Edward Cullen is now Edythe Cullen.


I, for one, am both pleasantly surprised as well as slightly confused. I enjoyed Twilight and owe a lot to it for starting me down my book-loving life, but it's been quite a while since I've last read it. However, with this new book, titled Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined, I going to be honest and say that I have some doubts about it. Maybe because I'm immortalized that story in some way, as I do all my stories, and this is the first gender-swapped retelling of a book I've ever heard of. Needless to say, this book will be unique, for better or worse.


Nevertheless, though it's a little hard to wrap my head around, I'll still give it a try, mainly because I'm curious to know which book is better. I know the content will be the same, but I'll be looking for whether there will be changes in the chemistry between the two.


This book is already out (WHAT?) so there's no waiting involved...


Full announcement can be found here.


What do you guys think of it?

8 comments:

  1. I'm kind of nervous about it myself but I'm still buying this book and giving it a shot!

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm not quite sure what to expect, but I'm still going to buy it just to see what it's about!

      Delete
  2. It has terrible reviews on goodreads and I actually agree with them, I am officially an anti-twilight person and always was but this...RIP creativity :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. This is definitely something the world hasn't seen before!

      Delete
  3. I don't have high expectations but I'll probably read it just to satisfy my curiosity. The concept is a bit bizarre but you have to admire Meyer's marketing strategy! She announced there would be a 10th anniversary edition with extra content and then she sprung this on us! I'm surprised they were able to keep it secret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The fact that they were able to keep something as big as this a secret really surprises me. I'm curious to know how this book pans out, but I don't have that high of expectations for it... But who knows? It might surprise me! I'll have to read it first to find out!

      Delete
  4. I agree that Twilight got me into reading too, and I was obsessed with it at the time, but I'm so over it now and can see that the writing is totally not up to par to most YA books being released today. I don't understand why Meyer is even writing this, or making such a big deal about it! No one really talks about Twilight anymore, the trend has passed! Let me know what you think of it though, and then maybe I'll give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I loved Twilight when I read it, but upon rereading it, I'm starting to see a lot of faults. It's not as good as some of the newer YA books, but I guess at that time, Twilight was considered amazing. How time changes everything...

      Delete