GUYS GUYS GUYS. The cover for Lady Midnight came out!!! Here it is:
OH MY GOD IT'S SO PRETTY. Allow me to rant!
1. THE COLOUR PALETTE. I cannot get over the beautiful colours! Unlike the other covers for The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices, there isn't a popping gold or silver in the colour. This one is more subdued, and I think it makes the entire cover more intriguing!
2. Emma, front and center! Emma is floating in water! If I recall correctly, Emma actually has a fear of water... But is she sinking downwards or floating upwards?
3. Cortana! I particularly like how Cortana, Emma's sword, is featured on this cover. It a) speaks of Emma's badass nature b) lets us know that Cortana is special, and probably will be important in the book :)
4. The shafts of light from the sky above at the top of the cover... It just drags your eyes up, doesn't it? So cool!
5. Not completely related, but the only slight question I have...Emma's in a dress, and yes, it's gorgeous, but isn't she supposed to be super badass? I'm just hoping people who haven't read the series before won't write her off as some damsel in distress with a random sword, because she is far from being that!
But overall, I am very pleased with this cover! It has an...alluring element to it, and I absolutely cannot wait for me to get my hands on it! This book is slated to be released March 8th, 2016, so look for it then!
Here's the blurb:
Los Angeles. It’s been five years since the events of the Mortal Instruments when Nephilim stood poised on the brink of oblivion and Shadowhunter Emma Carstairs lost her parents. After the blood and violence she witnessed as a child, Emma has dedicated her life to to discovering exactly what it was that killed her parents and getting her revenge.