I'm Erika. I am a (self-proclaimed) certified book worm, booknerd, and book lover with a bad sense of humour. You will be hard-pressed to find me not reading, and even more difficult trying to get me to stop seeing the world through a fictional lens (I mean...you never know, someone you meet might actually be a mindreader or there could be very real gremlins hiding in bushes or secret portals located in "no trespassing" areas). Though I physically reside in Canada, my head normally lives in other worlds.
Books have always been my escape.I read way more than I should, though not nearly enough to satisfy my own liking. They've always been a big part of my life, and their stories essentially make up a large and critical part of who I am today. Each tale is etched onto my heart, and will continue to shape me until the end of my days!
I'm a huge fan of Julie Kagawa, Cassandra Clare, Sarah J. Maas, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Rick Riordan, A. G. Howard, Eve Silver, and so many more. I've been known get a tad overexcited when talking their books, or any book in general, and thus might have frightened off both friends and family members into never talking about books around me. But if you're here, I'm hoping it's because you share my love of books with me!
Some more facts:
1. I often wish I were a fictional character so I'd be able to wield magic and fight with a sword and save the world and fall in love with a dark prince. A long and impossible list of goals to be achieved in this world, I know.
2. My other interests include movies, music, art, folding paper stars (for good luck), and getting lost in bookstores or libraries.
3. I'm an English and Environmental Studies student. Yes, I can micro-analyze books and write extremely long critical essays about their overall themes and symbolism. No, I swear I will not do that to any of the books here. I happen to actually like enjoying my books, thank you very much.
4. I am hopelessly in love with numerous fictional characters. The list is really long, and every one of them has the ability to destroy my heart. Some of them already have. I can and I will enter fangirl mode at a mere moment's notice.
5. I don't care what other people tell me in the future, I will read YA until I die. To all you fools out there who think I'll grow "too old" to read YA: there are worse things to be obsessed with. So there.
6. I have a weakness for hardback books that have beautiful endpapers and debossed covers beneath their dust jackets.
7. I have so many notebooks. Too many. More than I like to admit.
8. I have lived in 3 cities.
9. I need more bookshelf space. Doesn't everyone?
10. Books are both the salvation and destruction of my existence. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
11. Erika is actually a pseudonym. I think of it as my alter ego, one that manifested as I became a bookworm. My other name is Kaila (pronounced Kai-la, not Kay-la, thank you very much). I prefer Erika when in the blogosphere, just because that way, I feel I can be unabashedly honest about my extreme love of books without the rest of my normal life interfering.
Again, thank you for stopping by. I'm super friendly and love chatting with people, so don't hesitate to drop me a line here or on Goodreads! I hope you'll enjoy the rest of my blog, as well as find a book or two here that we share in common.