Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!!
1. That apple. It's...glowing from inside. And the stem/leaf is purple...What sinister magic in brewing in that apple, I wonder? I'm really curious to know how the apple will play a part in the book!
2. The hand. It's...a little unsettling. Who's holding it, exactly? In the other books, it was clear who the human figure was. But here...well, it's probably Winter herself, but we don't truly know if it is...
3. Magic. None of the other books showed any clear sign that magic was involved in the books. But here, we see that there obviously is something different with the apple. It's emanating magic, after all...
Let's take a look what entire series looks like, shall we?
1. The central red object. You have the shoe, the cloak, the ribbon, and the apple. They're all the trademarks of each fairytale (not the ribbon, but the point of it is to point out Cress' long hair).
2. The humans. Or, part of them, anyways. I like how they've incorporated part of the characters' bodies into the covers. Cinder's leg, Scarlet's arm, half of Cress' torso, and Winter's (I'm assuming it's Winter) hand.
3. The black-to-purple background. I love the gradual transition from less black to more purple throughout the book covers. In Cinder, more than half the cover is black, but once we get to Winter, we have the majority of the cover being purple.
4. The first letters. The C, S, and W. I love the little swirls and the hanging marks. Basically, the font is super cool.
5. The overall consistency. Because we all love covers that match each other.
...And according to Goodreads, Winter is going to be a MASSIVE book. 800 pages? Holy crap. That's freaking long! The longest book I've read was City of Heavenly Fire, by Cassandra Clare, and that was ridiculously LONG. Like 725 pages long (but it kind of makes sense, as it was book 6 of the amazingly awesome series)! This one? 800 pages? HOLY CRAP. But I have no doubt that it will be 800 pages of awesomeness, because come on, what YA book is that long if it isn't good?
Don't wait to catch the Winter, epic finale of The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, on November 10th, 2015!
Official blurb, courtesy of Goodreads->http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13206900-winter
Here is the stunning conclusion to the national bestselling Lunar Chronicles, inspired by Snow White.
When Princess Winter was thirteen, the rumor around the Lunar court was that her glamour would soon be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana. In a fit of jealousy, Levana disfigured Winter. Four years later, Winter has sworn off the use of her glamour altogether. Despite her scars, Winter’s natural beauty, her grace, and her gentleness are winning admiration from the Lunar people that no amount of mind-control could achieve.
Winter despises her stepmother, but has never dreamed of standing up to her. That is, until she realizes that she may be the only one with the power to confront the queen.
Can Cinder, Prince Kai, Scarlet, Wolf, Cress, Thorne, Princess Winter, and the palace guard Jacin find their happily ever afters? Fans will LOVE this amazing conclusion to the series.