So, super special day today! These beauties came out two days ago (and I apologize for being late on it, but it's only by a few days)! I've been waiting and waiting for these to come out, so I'm so excited that they're here, and that I can share them with you!
May I first present to you the cover of Firewalker, the second book in the Worldwalker trilogy by Josephine Angelini!
1. Do you see the three willstones hanging right under the droplet shape? Willstones. Lily's three Willstones! How cool is that? Here's betting that they play a pretty important role...
2. Purple! As I've mentioned before, it. Is. Purple! Purple fire! You don't see purple fire as often, and something about it, the way it merges with the regular orange-yellow color of fire, makes it seem like it's very deadly. A beautiful danger, one that can easily burn right through anything.
3. The forest! There's a forest (it looks like it might be a snow-capped forest) that is being set aflame. What's going on? What exactly does Lily have to do with it? Does she start the fire? And the fire...it's curling upwards, as if being collected...
4. Have I ever mentioned that I have a thing for swirls? I love swirly things. And this cover has no lack of them! They're everywhere, and I couldn't be happier! There's an elegance as well as a magical feel to it...
5. The "drop of water" effect. It looks like there's a giant drop of water about to go crashing down on the fire below, putting it out...
Now, you're all probably wondering why it looks so drastically different from the cover of the first book, Trial by Fire. Reason is because the book got a new cover. That's right. New cover. Now, I know that new covers can be a reader's worst nightmare (especially if you already have the original cover), but there isn't really any helping to it. On the positive side, the new cover for Trial by Fire is pretty neat, though. So, without further ado, here is the new cover of Trial by Fire:
This is probably the first cover I've seen with an aqua-green color! It's very pretty :)
Here's the two covers for Trial by Fire side by side:
In comparison to the first cover...
1. The colors are much more vivid than the original one. There was a lot of grey in the first cover, but with this facelift, it almost seems a little more exciting. It's definitely more vibrant, with a bigger contrast of colors.
2. The castle's entire form. Unlike in the original, we only got the main face of Lillian's tower/castle. Here, we have the entire thing. And boy, does it look sinister. It's like that dark place you don't quite want to get close to, yet the secrets it holds is too intriguing to turn away from...
3. Apart from the castle...it's all on fire. A little different from the first cover, where it was Lily who's at the centre of the fire. Yet I can't help but notice that for both cover, the castle still stands taller than the fire itself...
4. The circles. They look like...dimension maps? Which is appropriate, given that there are numerous versions of worlds out there. Everything is interconnected one way or another!
5. The droplet form. Actually, unlike Firewalker, I see the droplet not as water, but as a small flame. There's a candle-like aspect to this cover, though I guess you could arguably say the same for Firewalker.
Here's a quick look at how the new covers look together! And may I say that they make quite a fine pair!
Josephine Angelini's new cover of Trial by Fire is to be the paperback version of the book, which comes out September 1st, 2015! Similarly, Firewalker also comes out September 1st, 2015, too! Get ready for a very Worldwalker September!
I've added the blurbs for both Trial by Fire and Firewalker down below :) And to read my review of Trial by Fire, go here.
Official blurb of Trial by Fire, courtesy of Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20613491-trial-by-fire
This world is trying to kill Lily Proctor. Her life-threatening allergies keep her from enjoying experiences that others in her hometown of Salem take for granted, which is why she is determined to enjoy her first high school party with her best friend and longtime crush, Tristan. But after a humiliating incident in front of half her graduating class, Lily wishes she could just disappear.
Suddenly, Lily is in a different Salem—one overrun with horrifying creatures and ruled by powerful women called Crucibles. Strongest and cruelest of them all is Lillian . . . Lily's other self in this alternate universe.
What makes Lily weak at home is what makes her extraordinary in New Salem. In this confusing world, Lily is torn between responsibilities she can't hope to shoulder alone and a love she never expected.
Official blurb of Firewalker, courtesy of Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22469323-firewalker
Worlds divide, magic slays, and love lies in the second book of Josephine Angelini’s The Worldwalker Trilogy.
"You think I’m a monster, but my choices, as ruthless as they seem, are justified."
Lily is back in her own universe, and she's ready to start a new life with Rowan by her side. True, she almost died in the Pyre that fueled their escape from New Salem, and must hide her magic for the safety of everyone she cares about, but compared to fighting the Woven, the monstrous creatures inhabiting the alternate Salem, life is looking pretty good.
Unfortunately, Lillian, ruthless ruler of the 13 Cities, is not willing to let Lily go that easily. If she can’t persuade Lily to return to her world, she will force her to come back by doing away with the ones she loves.