Do we all remember Sisters of Blood and Spirit? That book I recently reviewed? Like this one? Yes? Yes? Well, I'm a day or two behind, but the name, cover, and release date of the sequel has come out!
Witness: Sisters of Salt and Iron!
Here, let me show you what the covers of the series together looks like so far:
Do we see the differences? The similarities? Because I'm going to go and point them out right now.
1. The most obvious difference is the split! The second book is split diagonally across, with Lark and Wren facing opposite directions. Unlike the first cover, they're not not mirror reflections of each other. Rather, they're starting to go their separate ways here...
2. On Lark's side, the background remains to be grey. But on Wren's side, there's a slight change in background colour. It's green in the second book! Where did the blue go? Does that mean Wren will be going through some changes? Losing some of her humanity? Some of her goodness? I don't know!
3. Oh hey, they both have shirts! Lark is wearing a pale green shirt (which I can't help but notice is very similar to the colour of their eyes) and Wren is wearing a purple-blue shirt.
4. Salt and Iron. Those are the things that are used to repeal ghosts. I think that the fact that it's in the title means we're going to be seeing a LOT more evil ghosts in this book, meaning a lot more salt and iron will be required.
5. The author's name has jumped from the top to the bottom between books. And on the second book, it's placed more to the left, rather than being centred. It's not that big of a deal, but I would have preferred to see consistency with the author's name. Unless, of course, there is a tend going on here, and I haven't picked up on it yet due there being only two covers to judge from.
Now to the newly released blurb, courtesy of Goodreads:
As Halloween approaches, twin sisters Lark, who is alive, and Wren, a tethered spirit, find themselves drifting apart. While Lark is happy with new boyfriend Ben, Wren is still hurting over her own still-alive-and-kicking love-interest, Kevin, who may or may not have kissed another girl. Spending more time on the Other Side, and less time with her sister in the land of the living, Lark becomes close with the spirit of a young man, Noah, who was killed years ago. But Noah is not as nice as he seems, and his thirst for vengeance has a dark and sudden influence on Wren. With the veil between the worlds thinning for Halloween, the spirits are getting stronger and it will be up to Lark and her friends to stop Noah and save Wren from becoming a monster. But the only way to do that could be to kill the boy that Wren is falling in love with.
We also got a release date, which is March 30th, 2016. I know, I know, that's in FOREVER. But at least we have a pretty cover to stare and a blurb to re-read, trying to guess at what's going to happen.
If you haven't read the first book, Sisters of Blood and Spirit yet, go do it! You have tons of time, after all, and it's an awesome book you don't want to miss!