Look! Look! To continue along with the new covers of Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter books, here comes the newest looks of The Infernal Devices series!
Ahh! So, like before, I'm going to have my thoughts on the covers under the cut. If you haven't read these books yet, you definitely need to! Cassandra Clare's books are to die for, and I love this prequel series!
Official blurb of Clockwork Angel (first book of The Infernal Devices) courtesy of Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7171637-clockwork-angel
In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.
The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...
My thoughts are below the cut :)
Well well well. Hello there, Will :)
1. I might have a thing for the Victorian age, so Will's clothes looks fantastic. Better than the old cover, as there's actually as waistcoat here!
2. I love the sword! It parallels the new cover of the City of Bones, with Jace holding a sword.
3. Will pulling out the sword in wonder really hints a bit about his past, of how he became a Shadowhunter...
4. I'm a bit confused as to why the word "angel" is in all caps. Huh.
5. I'm glad they chose to stick with having Will on the front on both!
6. But...where are his runes on the new cover?
All in all, this one has my approval.
1. Jem! Violin!
2. It has a sort of...sickly-ish green? It really depicts his sickness...
3. I really loved how in the old cover, we saw Jem's cane. In the new cover, we have Jem's violin. It really does represent Jem better than the cane, no?
4. His violin is glowing, as if music literally is pouring out of it. Neat!
5. Yet...he doesn't look fierce. Not holding a weapon of any sort...
6. Again, no runes...
I sort of like them both. Sort of.
1. Is Tessa wearing the same dress in both covers? Yeah? Cool!
2. Rather than holding the Codex, she's traumatized by the blood on her dress. Which sort of is more important in the book than the Codex.
3. But...doesn't she look a little like a damsel in distress? Maybe a little? But I guess it's more to the plot.
Hmm. I suppose I like the new covers. They seem to be more emotional than the old ones, at least.
Well? What are your thoughts? Let me know!