(I'd also like to thank HannahCassie at P.S. I Love that Book! and Maureen at Diaries of a Book Lover for also nominating me. However, Cody beat you guys to it, so I'll be answering her questions!)
The Liebster Award is a chain award, created as a way to welcome and introduce new bloggers to the community!
Link back to the person that nominated you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions from your nominator.
Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers.
Come up with 11 questions for them to answer.
Inform your nominees.
Random Facts About Me
1. I'm currently studying at the Herstmonceux Castle (yes, castle) in Hailsham, England, for the summer. Hello to all my fellow British bloggers!
2. I'm in the midst of obtaining a double degree in English Literature and Environmental Studies.
3. The list of television shows I watch is non-existent. Why? Because I'd rather read!
4. I have a thing about dust. I will not pick anything up that is dusty or put something on a dusty surface without wiping it first.
5. My first fictional character crush was Alviss from Mär. And then I added other fictional characters to the list to tear my heart apart.
6. I live in Canada.
7. I think mint is gross.
8. I often wish I was a fictional character, just so that I could jump into books and help the characters out.
9. During a two-hour car ride, I ranted on completely straight about The Game Trilogy by Eve Silver. I think I might have permanently scared off the people in the car.
10. I have a bad habit of spontaneously spouting various quotes from books at any given moment.
11. My reputation is relatively normal...until people discover my book obsession. Then it goes out the window.
1. Do you have any advice for fellow bloggers?
Don't be afraid to put yourself out there! Comment on all the blogs you can, enter giveaways, anything! Just make sure your presence is known!
2. What's your favourite book?
Hmm... Probably The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa. That book holds a special place in my heart. Always will.
3. Favourite Book Boyfriend or Character?
That's impossible to answer, as my list is ridiculously long. If I had a penny for every character on that list, I would be able to afford the professional help I clearly need.
4. What's your guilty pleasure?
Reading, obviously! Haha, apart from that, it's dressing up when no one's looking :)
5. What would you put on your Bucket List?
Visit an Olympic Stadium, attend a Shakespearian play at the Globe Theatre in London (that's actually happening very soon, so I'm super excited!!!), swim with dolphins, go on a Disney cruise, read 5 novel-length books in one day, meet one of my favourite authors or fellow bloggers, and so forth. And maybe save the world or something cool like that...
6. Do you have a favourite author(s)?
Julie Kagawa, Eve Silver, Cassandra Clare, Sara Raasch, Rick Riordan, A. G. Howard, the list goes on...
7. What's your dream job?
To become an author. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Else saving the environment :)
8. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
Hmm... I guess it would be pretty neat to say that I met J. K. Rowling.
9. The last movie you watched?
The Avengers: Age of Ultron. It was pretty good!
10. Standalone or Series?
Series. Always series. There's never enough in a standalone.
11. What was the last book you got so sucked in by you that you completely forgot everything else?
Probably Rogue, by Julie Kagawa :)
1. Ang Reads!
2. Eccentric Everything
3. The Travelogue of a Book Addict
4. Flickering Lights
5. Limitless Literature
6. Lynn's Book Blog
8. The Book Dame
10. To be or not to be me
11. My Little Corner for Books
I apologize if you've already been nominated! You don't have to do them if you really don't want to, but if you do, I'd love it if you let me know. If your blog isn't on this list, leave a comment, and I'll add you to the list!
1. What book is physically the nearest to you right now?
2. Would you rather get free books for a year, or a free empty library, to be stocked with your own books, to your liking?
3. First book you remember reading and loving during childhood?
4. Reading outside or inside?
5. Do you set deadlines for when you want to finish a book?
6. Last social event you attended?
7. Favorite reading snack, if any?
8. Have any pets/want any pets?
9. Hardcover, softcover, or ebook?
10. Of the four elements (water, earth, fire, air), which one is your favorite?
11. What's a book you think everyone should read at least once in their life?
Good luck, and I look forward to reading your answers! :)