Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day & OTP Top Ten!

It's that time of the year again, where poets write about the sensation of love filling the air. Valentine's Day is a much cherished celebration, one where you let your Valentine know just how much they mean to you!

For those of you who are single, not to fear! Tomorrow happens to be Single Awareness Day. More on that tomorrow :)

Meanwhile, I've composed a list of my top ten One True Pairings of book couples I've read in the past year. Couples that are absolutely perfect for each other, and deserve all the sappy stuff that comes with spending Valentine's Day together <3

These are in no particular order!




1. Rachel and Logan, Defiance series by C.J. Redwine: THEY ARE ADORABLE. Their relationship starts out with Rachel having been rejected by Logan years ago, and then Logan slowly realizing he loves her. And then all the bad happens, and the two literally lay down their own lives for each other and save one another time and time again, and I'm just a mess of feels.

2. Titus and Iolanthe from The Burning Sky series by Sherry Thomas. It's not the big declarations of love that matter, but the small things that speak volumes for these two. Don't get me wrong, I love make out scenes, but for these two, simply holding each other's hands and saying minimal words is more than enough to send me into a frenzy of feels. Add in the desperation of their situation, and you can literally feel the love they have for one another between them in every touch. I'm just going to melt away now.

3. Meghan and Ash, from Julie Kagawa's The Iron Fey series. This isn't really fair of me, since Kagawa actually wrote a Valentine's Day story of the two (it was adorable), but I love these two to shreds. 

4. Kaz and Inej, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Okay, they're not official (yet!!!), but I ship them like crazy. Inej compliments Kaz, and Kaz compliments Inej. One's an impassive mastermind, the other is a silent and deadly with a heart of gold. Need I say more?

5. Miki and Jackson from The Game series by Eve Silver. Because Jackson. Tate. Literally the bane of my existence. He's bossy like no one's business, but has an incredible sweet side. Actually, I'd like to ship Jackson Tate with myself, if that's possible? Yeah?

6. Penryn and Raffe, Angelfall by Susan Ee. I am a huge shipper of those two. Their relationship didn't hit it right off, but I shipped them right from the beginning. Hard. And the author tortured us in the romance aspect, giving us the barest of scenes, just enough to to leave us desperately craving for more. Read it, and you'll see what I mean!

7. Simon and Blue from Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I have gushed and will continue to gush over this book for years to come. Some please fangirl with me over how amazing this book is, and how amazing Simon and Blue make as a couple. Their relationship is absolutely amazing, and I cannot ship any two people more than I ship them!

8. Wilhelmina and Black Knife from The Orphan Queen series by Jodi Meadows. First of all, Wilhelmina is amazing, and second of all, Black Knife is my hero. So yes and yes! Plus, there's this one particular steamy scene in the book that solidified my shipping of those two, and I honestly cannot stop rereading it over and over again. I might have a slight issue, but I ship them too much to really care!

9. Alex and Aiden, The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Those two have gone through Hades and back (I'm not joking--they've literally gone to Hades). If anyone deserves to be happy, it's those two. The devastation they've both gone through, the support system they have for each other, everything. Those two defied all odds for each other, and words cannot express how much I ship them together!

10. All 4 couples from Marissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles series. Because honestly, you can't just ship one of them. Cinder and Kai, Scarlet and Wolf, Cress and Thorne, Winter and Jacin. Power couples that rule the OPT world.

In case some of you are wondering why Celaena Sardothien or Feyre aren't on the list, it's because I don't know who I ship them with. Can I ship them with the idea of being in a relationship? Does that count? If so, then they're my unofficial OPT number 11. 

And in the case you guys are wondering about my plans for the evening...


I hope you all enjoy your day either with your Valentine or with your book boyfriend of choice! And don't forget to stuff yourselves with chocolate and other goodies, regardless if you have a date or not :)

14 comments:

  1. Meghan and Ash is definitely meant to be together! Especially seeing Ash sacrifices in Iron Knight *wipes tears* I actually ship Jesper and Wylan more, they're like so shy and adorable and just super cute! Great list, and happy valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when Ash made his sacrifices? My heart crippled just like that. I ship Jesper and Wylan too! I really hope we'll get to see more of them together in Crooked Kingdom :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! All couples from The Lunar Chronicles are so shippable! Each and every one of them! Hmm, Celaena and Feyre are hard to ship, aren't they? But I do like Feyre and Tamlin together. :) Kaz and Inej too! I'm hoping for a potential relationship in the future books! We must wait and see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Celaena is hard to ship, since she goes through so many great love interests. How do you pick just one? It's so painful!

      Delete
  3. ALL THE FEELS, ALL THESE SHIPS! Why are there so many that I don't know about? I need to change this asap because it looks like I'm seriously missing out, Big Time.
    I couldn't agree more with Kaz & Inej, Meghan & Ash and Alex & Aiden. Also the Lunar Chronicles couples are like you say the ultimate power couples. ADORABLE <3
    However I am not happy with number 11, you can totally ship the idea of Feyre and Celaena being in a relationship but I want to know WITH WHO? ;) muhaha *evil cackle*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, well, I happen to love all the love interests in the Throne of Glass series and in ACOTAR. If anything, this is SJM's fault for making such great characters! I want them ALL to be happy. Why can't I ship Celaena/Feyre with everyone? Why must I only choose one? And why must this choice be so painful? WHY???

      Delete
  4. Yes!!! I love all of the couples in the Lunar Chronicles. I ship all of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your ships Erika, but how could you forget Percy and Annabeth, or Max and Fang!! ಠ益ಠ I mean bless you Erika because all those ships are so beautiful but whyy Erika, why did you forget those two ships?! x_x & omg I don't even know what to say about Celaena anymore, I mean I ship her with chaol but then apparently a new guy suddenly comes in like the 4th book and her name isn't Celaena anymore?! I'm sorry but after the 3rd book I was like done with ToG, I mean I guess what I'm saying is me and ToG are taking a little break for now.;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or Will and Tessa. *I just saw that picture in your blog post* (ಥ﹏ಥ)

      Delete
    2. Sorry, please don't be too mad at me! I really do ship Percabeth and Max/Fang a lot! It's just I did this list of the ships based on the books I've read within the past year. As for Tessa, I ship her both with Will and Jem (I'm terrible since I can't ship her with just one), so I didn't know how to put them in! Please please forgive me!!!

      Delete
    3. Its okay Erika, I understand thst you wanted to put the recent book couples you've read about in the past year. So no problems. ^^ I just got into my feels about book couples and have been sad since recently.. I've donated a few of my books T_T & it gets you in the gut to donate books, especially when your torn between donating towards a good cause or hugging your book pile and never letting it go. ;-;

      Delete
  6. I loved your picks! I just recently did a post about my top ten OTPs and we have similar tastes. I wanted to put Logan and Rachel on there, but there wasn't enough room! :D I love their progression of their relationship. I've been meaning to pick up the Covenant series. Hopefully I'll like Alex and Aiden as much as you do! The couples from The Lunar Chronicles are amazing! They are so beautifully written. <3

    Great post, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Genni! I completely agree, picking just 10 OTPs is super hard, hard enough that I ended up squeezing in an eleventh! Seeing as our OTP lists are similar, it just goes to show how great our reading tastes are ;)

      Delete