Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Wrap Up and Top Books!

I can't actually believe that 2015 is over already. How on earth did we end up here again? Didn't we just start 2015? I feel like the year zoomed by! 


Taking a look back on the past year, I've read some pretty amazing books. And like many other people, I have decided to compile a list because a) lists are fun b) thinking about all the great books I've read in the year is enough to put a large smile on my face c) it's a great way to prep myself for all the great books/sequels that are coming out next year. So in no particular order, here are my top 10 books of 2015:

Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertali
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Ensnared by A.G. Howard
Crash by Eve Silver
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa
The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Gray

Narrowing down the long list of books I read to just 10 had to be one of the hardest things I've done this year. Especially since all the books I read way back in January feels like lifetimes ago. Or, I suppose, about 150 books ago. (Yes, I completed my Goodreads goal of 150! I'm so happy!)


I've met some absolutely fantastic people this year, and I'm thankful for every single one of you. I'd never have dreamt that I would grow to have such fun with you guys here, things like blogging events with other people or being able to shamelessly have wonderfully long discussions and fangirling moments over books and book characters with some of you. I value your comments, our conversations, and your existence in general. You guys are amazing, and I truly mean it from the bottom of my bookish heart. Thank you guys so much for an unforgettable year!


I hope you all have a fantastic remainder of the year, and I'll be seeing you all next year for another great year of bookish fun! :D

19 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for this year-ender post of yours! These were such interesting books you read this year, and I wish you more great books to read this coming 2016! Cheers, Erika! Thank you for being part of my blogging life this 2015! ❤

    Love,
    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Fiona! I should be thanking you for being a part of my blogging life! You're the sweetest soul alive <3

      Delete
  2. Nice list! Some of the books on yours made it on my own list! :) 2015 was a nice year, and I know that 2016 will be equally as great and fun for all of us! :)

    Cloe @ Mornings and Epilogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I can't wait for more book conversation in the new year! :D

      Delete
  3. Great list! Totally agree with Simon and ACOTAR :D Can't believe you read 150 books this year, that's awesome! I got 80 :P I'm so glad you had such a great year in 2015 and hope 2016 will be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't Simon and ACOTAR great? They definitely made my year so much better! I hope your 2016 is even better than your 2015 too! :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome list!! I loooooved ACOTAR. I still need to read a lot of these. The orphan queen looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Orphan Queen is fantastic, I highly recommend it! ACOTAR is amazing, and I can't wait for the next one!

      Delete
  5. It's been an amazing year and I hope that 2016 will be even greater! You definitely read some great books :D

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list, but I haven’t read any of those yet. I’m reading ACOTAR now, though! I’m glad you had such a great year, and I’m so happy to have met a blogging buddy like you! I wish you all the best for 2016, and keep writing amazing posts like you do :)

    Also, daaaang 150! That puts my 51 to shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caroline! Haha, my 150 can also translate to having literally no life other than reading (which isn't a good thing since life demands so much attention).

      Delete
  7. Wow Six of Crows is making it on a lot of lists! I definitely will have to pick that one up soon!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should pick up Six of Crows! It's an utterly amazing book! :)

      Delete
  8. You've got an awesome list of books there even though sadly I've only read one of those books; Six of Crows. xD But yeah I do hope to read Orphan Queen soon because the plot is just so intriguing!! & I also hope to see more of you and your blog next year too Erika!! :) P.s. Congrats on completing your goal of 150 books! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! Six of Crows seems to be on a lot of people's lists this year ^.^

      Delete
  9. Six of Crows and A Darker Shade of Magic are fabulous! I feel a bit sad that Ensnared didn't made it to my list, but I feel a bit unsatisfied with that ending. Have an amazing 2016!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six of Crows and ADSOM are absolutely amazing books! I'm so glad I got to read them this year! ^.^

      Delete
  10. HAPPY NEW YEAR ERIKA!
    I love your favourite books of 2015 list although there are a few I've never read which I needed to change ASAP!! You must tell me which one's to start first :P well apart from ADSOM because that's a MUST of 2016!
    I'm so glad I met you and letting my inner nerd and fangirl out to you is the best part of blogging :D our shameless discussion over book boyfriends are the best!
    Congratulations on obliterating your book challenge, that's amazing. I can't wait to see how many you read in 2016. Have a fab day and New Year <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Cody, you're making me blush <3
      I absolutely treasure our book conversations! It's so easy to talk to you, since you completely get all the feels I go through! I'm so glad I met you! ^.^

      Delete