I was over the moon seeing the cover to C. J. Redwine's The Shadow Queen, which is the first book to her new Ravenspire series!
1. I particularly like the black drips at the bottom and side of the apple. It gives it that sinister feel, don't you agree?
2. The green leaf is very striking against the overall black pallet of the cover. Again, it speaks poison.
3. The title itself is carved into the apple. That's pretty cool.
4. Am I the only one who notices the precipitation on the apple? It actually looks like water, and is very different from the black liquid dripping at the bottom...
5. The simplicity of the cover makes it seem innocent, but I'm pretty sure we all know that given the apple dripping in black, the story will be far from it.
5. Snow White retelling? With dragons, magic, and a kick-ass heroine? Yes, please!
C. J. Redwine's Defiance series is one of my all time favourite series. Her writing style is like none other, and all her characters are beautifully developed. I'm super stoked that I'll be able to read more of her work, and a fantasy, nonetheless! Lucky me :D
Unfortunately, this book doesn't come out until February 23rd, 2016. I'm not sure I can wait that long, so please excuse me while I go wail about it. And while I'm wailing, you can add it to your Goodreads here :)
Well? Have you read C. J. Redwine's work before? Are you super excited to read her newest story?
Lorelai Diederich, crown princess and fugitive at large, has one mission: kill the wicked queen who took both the Ravenspire throne and the life of her father. To do that, Lorelai needs to use the one weapon she and Queen Irina have in common—magic. She’ll have to be stronger, faster, and more powerful than Irina, the most dangerous sorceress Ravenspire has ever seen.
In the neighboring kingdom of Eldr, when Prince Kol’s father and older brother are killed by an invading army of magic-wielding ogres, the second-born prince is suddenly given the responsibility of saving his kingdom. To do that, Kol needs magic—and the only way to get it is to make a deal with the queen of Ravenspire, promise to become her personal huntsman…and bring her Lorelai’s heart.
But Lorelai is nothing like Kol expected—beautiful, fierce, and unstoppable—and despite dark magic, Lorelai is drawn in by the passionate and troubled king. Fighting to stay one step ahead of the dragon huntsman—who she likes far more than she should—Lorelai does everything in her power to ruin the wicked queen. But Irina isn’t going down without a fight, and her final move may cost the princess the one thing she still has left to lose.