GUYS. IT CAME OUT, IT CAME OUT!!!
Remember that book review I did a while ago on Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch? And how I absolutely loved loved LOVED it? Well! Today, the cover for its sequel, Ice Like Fire, came out!
It. Is. EPIC. And if you don't agree, I don't think we can be friends anymore. Haha, just kidding, but this is seriously one sick cover.
And without further ado...
That. Cover. I mean, just look at it. It is BEAUTIFUL. So gorgeous! *Tries to grab the book through the compeer screen*
Let's also do a quick comparison to the first cover, shall we? :D
Don't they look so good together? *Squealing*
I don't even know where to start with this epic cover...
1. That volcano/fire/ember imagery: it is AMAZING, and I'm sure there will be no shortage of fierceness in this book.
2. The placement of the chakram: I just love how the chakram has embedded itself into the ground. In the first cover, the chakram was more so gently nestled in the train of ash, but in this one, there's no mistaking that it stands up on its own, strong and proud.
3. The three separate kingdoms reflected in the chakram: the first book only gave us two, just Winter and Spring. But now, we're getting not just Winter and Spring, but also what looks like Summer (it's kind of a desert). What danger lurks in Summer, I wonder?
4. The intricate design of the rim: because it is lovely and complex. Just like the series.
5. The elegance of the title: there's a regal sense here, even in through the darkness.
6. The dark grey/purple palette: those colors, put together, are a recipe for heart-slaying gorgeousness. Consider my heart slain.
Okay, I might be written off here as being an english class keener, but I love the transition from light imagery to dark imagery between the two covers. I think it really reflects Meira's character and the problems she's going through. And I love the contrast between the title Ice Like Fire and its cover. What is ice doing in a volcano setting? Is Meira going to the Kingdom of Summer? Oh man, these questions are getting me more and more excited!
Well, it's official. I'm in love. Who needs a Valentine's date when you have a book cover you can stare at forever and gush over?
Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch comes out Oct. 13th, 2015! Mark it on your calendars and if you haven't yet, read Snow Like Ashes!
Official blurb, courtesy of Goodreads->https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17404295-ice-like-fire?from_search=true
It’s been three months since the Winterians were freed and Spring’s king, Angra, disappeared—thanks largely to the help of Cordell.
Meira just wants her people to be safe. When Cordellan debt forces the Winterians to dig their mines for payment, they unearth something powerful and possibly dangerous: Primoria’s lost chasm of magic. Theron sees this find as an opportunity—with this much magic, the world can finally stand against threats like Angra. But Meira fears the danger the chasm poses—the last time the world had access to so much magic, it spawned the Decay. So when the king of Cordell orders the two on a mission across the kingdoms of Primoria to discover the chasm’s secrets, Meira plans to use the trip to garner support to keep the chasm shut and Winter safe—even if it means clashing with Theron. But can she do so without endangering the people she loves?
Mather just wants to be free. The horrors inflicted on the Winterians hang fresh and raw in Januari—leaving Winter vulnerable to Cordell’s growing oppression. When Meira leaves to search for allies, he decides to take Winter’s security into his own hands. Can he rebuild his broken kingdom and protect them from new threats?
As the web of power and deception weaves tighter, Theron fights for magic, Mather fights for freedom—and Meira starts to wonder if she should be fighting not just for Winter, but for the world.