Thursday, February 8, 2018

Cover Talk: A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

Okay, I have NO idea how I missed this, but the cover for A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas came out!!!

*begin panicking and fangirling and everything else*

THIS BOOK. THIS COVER. AHHHH.







GUYS. Isn't it gorgeous or what???

Okay, fine, I'll admit it's a bit different from the other covers. It has a more delicate vibe to it and Feyre isn't quite at the centre of the cover. But it definitely has a kind of tranquil quality to it, you know? You can see that it's the aftermath of the war in the 3rd book. Plus this is a novella, so I guess the covers of those might be different and less...severe? Is that the word I'm looking for? The cover is definitely more subdued, anyway. But no less gorgeous!

First off--that dress. Is. Made. Of. Stardust! And the lacy outlines...ahhhh, so pretty. I'm especially loving how evidently sheer the material is, since you can see Feyre's tattoo (ALSO--it's the tattoo on her RIGHT hand, for those of you have have read ACOWAR!!!). Plus is everyone noticing the other stars on the cover? Ahhh, Night Court's stars. I'm loving it. Especially since it's completely appropriate to the book's title!

Of course, no one can miss the lovely frame design on the other side of the cover! Did you guys catch the details? I've made a quick list of the ones I've caught:

1. Feyre is holding a flower! That makes you wonder if she's the one that actually created the beautiful frame...such a queenly act, no? ;)
2. Paint brushes in the bottom right corner: that means painting will hopefully be making a reappearance in Feyre's life! Her vision, finally coming to life...eeekkkks!!! So excited!
3. The mountain with the 3 stars above it (upper centre): Rhysand's tattoo! About how he will not bow to anyone. I can't begin to explain how excited I am that Rhys is represented, however subtly, in the cover!
4. The paper airplane zipping along in the top right corner: hehehe, well I'm certain we all remember the world of ACOTAR's version of messaging. Similar to texting, with how instant the paper disappears and reappears to the person the message was sent to. But a heck of a lot steamier between our favourite couple. I'm so looking forward to more of their messages and the tension simmering between them when they're apart ;)

What do you guys think about the cover? Did I miss anything? Do you guys like it or dislike it? Let me know!




Narrated by Feyre and Rhysand, this story bridges the events in A Court of Wings and Ruin and the upcoming spinoff novels.

Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve. Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated—scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court.




~Happy reading!~





3 comments:

  1. I also love this cover!! Its so beautiful, I'm tempted to buy it just to stare at it! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Honestly, I would love to get a poster of this cover just to stick it up on my wall and stare non-stop at it!

      Delete
  2. I love your thoughts! I hadn't noticed how delicate the cover was, it's really refreshing. I honestly think this is the best cover of the series!

    ReplyDelete